Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
Thanks, I get that a bit. I try to shed the awful Norwegian butchering of English. Native speakers find it charming when you have a distinct sound to your English that firmly establishes you as a foreigner. I am less enthusiastic of such sounds, at least from my self.
I know what you mean - it's usually possible to tell with reasonable accuracy where a person comes from just by their use of spoken English. I wouldn't necessarily call it butchering, unless we are talking about broken grammar, but it's a kind of accent that is difficult to get rid of. I've always had that as an Eastern European, and while living in the UK helped me unlearn some habits, I still frequently catch myself talking the lazy way. I'd love if I could talk like a Scot, rather than the classic London English, but that's another layer of complexity

Quote:
Thanks, my taste can be a bit mainstream, as I'm not as big a consumer as I was. Don't envy you the task of digesting Lord of the Rings, it will leave you no time to game.

Lord of the Rings is just a drop in the ocean at this point - I've read the books twice already. It's that 12-volume set of books that's gonna take a lifetime. But I'll manage to balance it with gaming, somehow

Quote:
Ah, yes. Dr. Who. The never ending time traveler. Psyched about a female Dr. then? I have a friend whom watches it, and I have gleamed a bit when visiting him. But, I don't think it is for me. It feels a bit wonky.
The show has its ups and downs. Some episodes literally make you cry from beauty, while others make you just want to turn it off as soon as possible in disappointment. I wasn't too big of a fan of the writing in recent episodes. Maybe the new Doctor and a fresh crew is going to fix those issues, maybe not - I have no idea. I still haven't seen the Classic Who seasons, so I got that one as a fallback if things turn terribly wrong

Quote:
I will disclose that I am a Trønder. Revealing location when you are a woman is usually a bad idea. *grins*
Yeah, I didn't want anything more than a general location. I can't say I envy you living so far north. The winter down here around Oslo has become pretty harsh, so I can't even imagine what horrors you must be going through
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote