Go Back   Special Operations Group > Forum HQ > Knowledge Base > Server AdminBot

Notices

Server AdminBot Information, news, feedback and updates in regards to the AdminBot (Jessica)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-06-18, 08:54 PM   #18
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Hey, wanted to give some feedback about the ranking formula

As it is now, I find it way too punishing and biased towards non-lethal playstyle.

While the latter is of course a decision SOG has to make (reward use of non-lethal weapons), it is still almost impossible to get a decent score (>50%) even for Non-lethal players IN THE LONG TERM.
I just took the formula from post #5 Matt did.
Even if you die ONCE in 2 hours (!) of gameplay, you get maximum of 50%. Even if doing 0 penalties.
Example: 100%-((90D + 15P) / (186hrs)*100=43,5%
I find this a very ambitious aim, especially in public gameplay

Another problem i see is, there is only the mistakes of players taken into account. Like Random said, that a person played more rounds and have therefore made more ARRESTS (or legal kills) is not counted.

Sorry but i also cannot agree to the philosophy "slow gameplay = tactical gameplay". That is simply not true!
First of all the term "tactic" has no relation to time, it is an: "action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end" (Oxford dictionary).
Thus, you can very well perform a tactic fast, with teamwork, stacking properly, performing mirror/scans etc. So this attitude does not comprise the whole issue appropriately.

After all, i think the system, how it is now, is not very motivating for players in general. I mean look at the leaderboard (http://www.sog-team.co.uk/report/statistics.php), a experienced and skilled player like Random, getting a 10-15% score? Keeries with 1 hour gameplay getting 56%?
Idk... again i like the idea behind an evaluation/ranking system... but this needs more tweaking

Greetings

As you noticed, my score with 1 hour spent on server is not very adequate due to short time counted in. You're right about the equation - this will be probably edited soon, as soon as there are some adequate data. I haven't have much time today to play TBH to make the statistics a little bit more adjusted. For only 1 hour you can't look at the scores as they are not precise and representative at all.

However about the 'slower-more tactical' -> what I said was mainly aiming at random public players, as it is from my 'admin experience' where usually rambos are running, more advanced players are moving much slower. This is what I wrote about and meant in that post.

Probably the equation should give a weight of 20 instead of 5 to the time spent on servers, which would allow you to have 1 death per 5 hours instead of 1 death per 20 hours