Special Operations Group

Special Operations Group (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A way to buy SWAT 4 (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18)

TimC 03-02-18 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 958)
Is this a digital copy?

Yes you can download both SWAT4 and TSS, it's all one install file. For me it installed both at the same time. Check out the downloads section for the 1.1 patch. :)

sander 03-02-18 06:53 PM

isn't the gog already 1.1?

Ninwes 03-02-18 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander (Post 960)
isn't the gog already 1.1?

Yes it is :)

TimC 03-02-18 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninwes (Post 961)
Yes it is :)

Oh well i didn't know that, makes sense now lol... guess i was referring to the admin mod thing lol

Recon 04-02-18 07:20 AM

I've heard Swat 3 is pretty good also.

Does someone has it to play with? Wanna try the game.

Defeater 04-02-18 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1001)

Actually, I own a physical copy and it's still wrapped in plastic.

223Games 06-02-18 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defeater (Post 1052)
Actually, I own a physical copy and it's still wrapped in plastic.

that has some value to it ;) ahaha

Biodome 06-02-18 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 223Games (Post 1277)
that has some value to it ;) ahaha

Is that a collector's item now? :D I always assumed you could easily obtain the copies in new condition, but I might be wrong on that.

Nicoleise 06-02-18 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1001)

I've played it but no longer have the disc. Not sure if it will actually run in newer Windows versions. :)

It's a game that's not massively different from SWAT 4, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to owners of SWAT 4.

There are some differences though - of course different missions, in many cases they do feel more intense. There are also differences in e.g. how suspects react. To me, SWAT 3 feels more realistic, since I feel that runners are less likely, which is consistent with my expectancy of a suspect holding an AK.

I liked stuff like the "radio" (commands) much better though; it was numbered items, just as in Arma, so you'd quickly learn that e.g. 1-1-7 might be stack up and try the door.

I feel that in SWAT 4, the focus was on improving the graphics, sound and immersiveness of the gameplay from the predecessor, whereas I feel that with SWAT 3 they worked more on the core concept of the game and left the visuals "as is".

Recon 07-02-18 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicoleise (Post 1292)
I've played it but no longer have the disc. Not sure if it will actually run in newer Windows versions. :)

It's a game that's not massively different from SWAT 4, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to owners of SWAT 4.

There are some differences though - of course different missions, in many cases they do feel more intense. There are also differences in e.g. how suspects react. To me, SWAT 3 feels more realistic, since I feel that runners are less likely, which is consistent with my expectancy of a suspect holding an AK.

I liked stuff like the "radio" (commands) much better though; it was numbered items, just as in Arma, so you'd quickly learn that e.g. 1-1-7 might be stack up and try the door.

I feel that in SWAT 4, the focus was on improving the graphics, sound and immersiveness of the gameplay from the predecessor, whereas I feel that with SWAT 3 they worked more on the core concept of the game and left the visuals "as is".

Isn't Swat 3 selling in Steam? Thought all games which are in Steam runs at least on Win 7...