Recon
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member

Recon's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Recon is from Russian Federation Recon is Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleise View Post
I've played it but no longer have the disc. Not sure if it will actually run in newer Windows versions.

It's a game that's not massively different from SWAT 4, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to owners of SWAT 4.

There are some differences though - of course different missions, in many cases they do feel more intense. There are also differences in e.g. how suspects react. To me, SWAT 3 feels more realistic, since I feel that runners are less likely, which is consistent with my expectancy of a suspect holding an AK.

I liked stuff like the "radio" (commands) much better though; it was numbered items, just as in Arma, so you'd quickly learn that e.g. 1-1-7 might be stack up and try the door.

I feel that in SWAT 4, the focus was on improving the graphics, sound and immersiveness of the gameplay from the predecessor, whereas I feel that with SWAT 3 they worked more on the core concept of the game and left the visuals "as is".
Isn't Swat 3 selling in Steam? Thought all games which are in Steam runs at least on Win 7...
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote