Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
Nico did write some impressively long posts, I almost had to compete. *grins* It is good for my English anyways.
Yeah, your command of English, to my eyes at least, seems indistinguishable from that of a literate native speaker!

Quote:
Specifically what comes to mind on sci-fi is Star Trek (The Next Generation, Voyager and some of the movies), Babylon 5 (plus some of the movies), Pitch Black, Terminator, Alien, Predator, Stargate and so forth. On the fantasy side you have Pan's Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, 300 and a bunch of others that just gets your imagination going. Vampires, creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel and... and... Yeah. You catch my drift.
Those are some very fine and classic picks! I really like your taste! I am glad that you mentioned Lord of the Rings among the fantasy examples - it's an unforgettable universe. I've just finished collecting all of The History of Middle-earth volumes - that's going to be a massive shelf to read

The only difference between you and me that I can see is that I've never had a chance to get into Star Trek - I kind of grew up with Star Wars. But I get along well with Trekkies too

Quote:
Anything in particular you were thinking of?
My list of sci-fi would also include the Doctor Who TV Series, and Douglas Adams' literature. They would fit most of the categories you mentioned, i.e. "creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel". Not sure if you've heard of those, but if you haven't, they might be of interest to you.

Where in Norway do you live, by the way, if you don't mind me asking?
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote