Notices

Introductions We love new faces. Let us know you've landed at the sog-team

Old 04-02-18, 02:29 PM   #1
O'Neill
Community Member

O'Neill's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

O'Neill is from New York, United States O'Neill is Male

Hello Selena. (Though I'll always remember you as Trinity :P) I do remember the articulated posts you made over the years on the old SOG forum, the many late night hours of co-op under your leadership, and your teasing of any guys that looked your way. :P
O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 03:30 PM   #2
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodome View Post
now I know why even Nico considers you to be the best writer of long posts

What kinds of sci-fi and fantasy do you like, specifically?
Nico did write some impressively long posts, I almost had to compete. *grins* It is good for my English anyways.

Specifically what comes to mind on sci-fi is Star Trek (The Next Generation, Voyager and some of the movies), Babylon 5 (plus some of the movies), Pitch Black, Terminator, Alien, Predator, Stargate and so forth. On the fantasy side you have Pan's Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, 300 and a bunch of others that just gets your imagination going. Vampires, creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel and... and... Yeah. You catch my drift. Anything in particular you were thinking of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.B.A.L. View Post
Wow Another Friendly Face And another L4D player (i must rly(really) check it out someday Welcome Back
Thanks. Yeah, I'm closing on a 1000 hours on L4D2 I believe. It isn't really the most immersive game out there, but it is just such simply fun that needs an alert and functioning team to be fun. So, I do enjoy the game with the right people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I think it was 2006 maybe earlyer but for sure I wasnt in SOG at that time. You thought (taught) me one thing. You have to write 'What the* f...' not What a f...' ))) Even remember that we played on Red library map. Uff im still terrible at some words
Yeah, but I'm here now, I can resume my teachings of how to cuss with decent spelling and grammar. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeRIeS View Post
Hello! Nice to see you again

Hi! Nice to see you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninwes View Post
Hey Tri.. Selena,

Welcome to the forums again and it's good to see you around again. if you play l4D you can always hook me up i like some zombie killing .

I'm trying to put full words as i remember you don't like words like lol or lmao as you always typed them full

I'd love to play with you NinWES, and you are allowed to put shortenings of words and such in-game, where they belong. Right? Haha. I use them in chat sometimes too, don't worry. They are just more fitting when you need your hands to do... Other things.. Than type. *smirks*

Alright. Let's play a round or five next week somewhere? I'll protect you when I'm not all tongue tied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neill View Post
Hello Selena. (Though I'll always remember you as Trinity :P) I do remember the articulated posts you made over the years on the old SOG forum, the many late night hours of co-op under your leadership, and your teasing of any guys that looked your way. :P
I do not tease!... ish. *grins* I might be a bit of a tease, but that's behind me now.. Just look, at that awesome behind.. I.. OK, so it might not be out of my blood just yet. *laughs* I'm just joking around though, like I always do.

Wasn't it you and I (I might be mistaken on who I wrote all that with) that wrote that story on the forum, about the NCIS-ish telling of the female character that was pursued by her enemies and ended up dead? I barely remember that, and the intensity of it. Fun times.

The drama continues...

Last edited by Selena; 04-02-18 at 03:46 PM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 03:46 PM   #3
O'Neill
Community Member

O'Neill's community rank display

O'Neill is from New York, United States O'Neill is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
I do not tease!... ish. *grins* I might be a bit of a tease, but that's behind me now.. Just look, at that awesome behind.. I.. OK, so it might not be out of my blood just yet. *laughs* I'm just joking around though, like I always do.

Wasn't it you and I (I might be mistaken on who I wrote all that with) that wrote that story on the forum, about the NCIS-ish telling of the female character that was pursued by her enemies and ended up dead? I barely remember that, and the intensity of it. Fun times.

The drama continues...
You might want to tone down the teasing unless your girl doesn't mind.

I remember I wrote some of that story and you and others wrote the rest. That was probably my first bad attempt at fanfiction.
Old 04-02-18, 04:01 PM   #4
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleise View Post
Like I said elsewhere; I'm happy to see you back, and to see that you're still doing alright. And that you haven't been rear-ended by those tailgating Norwegians I once complained to you about, expecting you to fix it by addressing the nation.

Out of the games you mention, L4D2 is the only one I play. I know that Recon has a burning desire to play though the game end to end, so if you like, we could setup a complete playthrough with a forth player?

Take care!

Thank you, thank you. Glad to be back. Norwegians love tailgating, addressing the nation just didn't work out the way I wanted. I might have put my teasing spin on my words and most didn't realize I was talking about tailgating. :P

Well then, we have soon gathered a full team, ready to head out into the wilds of zombie infested territories. Woop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neill View Post
You might want to tone down the teasing unless your girl doesn't mind.

I remember I wrote some of that story and you and others wrote the rest. That was probably my first bad attempt at fanfiction.

I assure you, my girl doesn't mind. *grins* We talk about it now and then, and she's cool with it. She's probably coming to the forum and will be reading this herself. Sometimes I copy paste it to my girl so she knows what I say when I'm being silly. Haha. Full disclosure.

Hey, that was not a bad attempt at all. As an experienced fan-fiction reader, I can tell you that right off the bat you will be better than 50% of the writers out there. Trust me. *laughs*
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 09:33 PM   #5
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Quote:
Nico did write some impressively long posts, I almost had to compete. *grins* It is good for my English anyways.
Yeah, your command of English, to my eyes at least, seems indistinguishable from that of a literate native speaker!

Quote:
Specifically what comes to mind on sci-fi is Star Trek (The Next Generation, Voyager and some of the movies), Babylon 5 (plus some of the movies), Pitch Black, Terminator, Alien, Predator, Stargate and so forth. On the fantasy side you have Pan's Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, 300 and a bunch of others that just gets your imagination going. Vampires, creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel and... and... Yeah. You catch my drift.
Those are some very fine and classic picks! I really like your taste! I am glad that you mentioned Lord of the Rings among the fantasy examples - it's an unforgettable universe. I've just finished collecting all of The History of Middle-earth volumes - that's going to be a massive shelf to read

The only difference between you and me that I can see is that I've never had a chance to get into Star Trek - I kind of grew up with Star Wars. But I get along well with Trekkies too

Quote:
Anything in particular you were thinking of?
My list of sci-fi would also include the Doctor Who TV Series, and Douglas Adams' literature. They would fit most of the categories you mentioned, i.e. "creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel". Not sure if you've heard of those, but if you haven't, they might be of interest to you.

Where in Norway do you live, by the way, if you don't mind me asking?
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote