Go Back   Special Operations Group > Community Forums > Games > Gaming Events > Tournament Spring/Summer 2018 Edition

Notices

Tournament Spring/Summer 2018 Edition All information relating to the community tournament is here

Old 01-06-18, 03:58 PM   #11
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

Hey guys! Be aware of some added rules. Especially those about some tricks spotted often by experienced players. Some of them are disallowed in tournament due to their unreality (being bugs in fact).

In case of questions about some 'tricks' you would like to use in the tournament games - ask them here ASAP, so we can make it clear before the games start.

Best regards and feel warmly welcomed and encouraged to sign up!
~|SOG|KeeRIeS
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 12:34 PM   #12
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Yeah sign me in for this

Name of the team: The Dark Side
Category: C
List of team members:
1. SAS_Random
2. RJ
3. Columbo (obviously)
Nice! We can meet up on Discord and talk strategy. I'll try to keep it on as much as I can over the next few days.
SAS_Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 07:59 PM   #13
tmarx
Community Member

tmarx's community rank display

tmarx is from Zurich, Switzerland tmarx is Male

I'd like to join a team of three...
tmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 09:43 PM   #14
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

I don't see a list of disallowed tactics, bugs or cheats--aside from the C2 trick. The rules should cover what SOG consider to be within these disallowed tactics and post up front. Anything not covered should be considered as innovative/creative and be allowed. IMHO.
SAS_Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 09:54 PM   #15
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarx View Post
I'd like to join a team of three...
Hey! You should probably ask the team leaders of those registered teams that has a free place as they might not observe this thread. Also, you can also create your own team in any category/categories you want - there is no minimum of players needed in any of three categories

Good luck on looking for your teammates and in the tournament of course, too!
Old 10-06-18, 10:48 AM   #16
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
I don't see a list of disallowed tactics, bugs or cheats--aside from the C2 trick. The rules should cover what SOG consider to be within these disallowed tactics and post up front. Anything not covered should be considered as innovative/creative and be allowed. IMHO.

Hey Mate and thank you again for your feedback!

There are no disallowed tactics, the only lilmit is about EQ used (you can find more info about it in the signing up thread).

About cheats, I modified the rule a little bit to give some examples of cheats. However, every third-party application modifying the way the game was supposed to be played will be disallowed. No way to predict any additional app a player might use. If you are programist you can make an application that will throw grenades for you or yell.

When it comes to bugs, which is probably the most problematic case, as some players use them not even realising or considering them as bugs. It is quite hard to precisely define them. I can hardly find any bug you might use, especially in COOP mode. The C2 trick might also be taken as a normal way of how the C2 works, as after opening the door the range of explosion is changed. That's why C2 trick was mentioned not in the brackets near the bugs but in another sentence. The only bug that comes to my mind is the one with shooting randomly and getting suspects out of the room - which is disallowed in the tournament as very not realistic susepcts' reaction. In case you know any other bugs that might be used to simplify the COOP gameplay and you would like to use them or you are afraid any other team might try to use them, you can let me know what bugs you mean and we'll consider if they are OK to be used or we should better place them on the list of disallowed so everybody has the clear view - also any other player - if anyone has any bug in their minds, let me know before the tournament, so we can avoid any disappointing disqualifications for bug using.

Regards,
Old 10-06-18, 01:58 PM   #17
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

A Little Tournament Guide

#ITI
To: All Teams' Members

To clarify some of gameplay problematic situations, I decided to place here some explaination:
  • The game and every map played in SWAT4 and SWAT4 TSS have their well-known places where suspects usually hide theirselves. The referees have no effective way to know if the player knows the map by heart or just takes the risk because they want to do it this way. Therefore, there will no by any limitations in the gameplay and tactics for each room, i.e. if you know there is always a suspect in one place you don't have to pretend you're using a mirror to be allowed to enter and use a tazer. Knowing the map is a part of your training and preparation for the tournament and can only be taken as your good preparation and skill. The game is what it is, we're not moding the game to randomize suspects' location more than it does by default
  • In case the game makes it insane hard for you with a bug with non-compliance civilian or suspect, you will be guided by a present Referee how to deal with it. You can report such situation in the chat in-game (or Discord if being used). In extreme situation lethal ways to solve the problem will be allowed by the Referee and the penalty points will not be counted to the final score.
In case of questions, do not hesitate to ask!
Old 10-06-18, 02:46 PM   #18
Ninwes
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Ninwes's community rank display

Total Donations: £225 (4/29)

Ninwes is a top donator with the Silver medal

Ninwes is from Europe Ninwes is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
All general sever rules stay active even if it's tournament, coop rules might be changed as it is a coop tournament for a reason and the reasons can put up by the one making the tournament.
Old 10-06-18, 10:47 PM   #19
Columbo
Community Member
Community Sponsor

Columbo's community rank display

Total Donations: £5 (26/29)

Columbo is from Berlin, Germany Columbo is Male
About: Rating/evaluation system

Hello,
a little questions about the rating system, which hasnt mentioned so far i think.
What role TIME will play in the final evaluation? Will there be a score/time rating or will the SCORE have priority in all situations?

Crucial question i think, since it will promote different tactics...

Greetings
Old 10-06-18, 11:34 PM   #20
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Hello,
a little questions about the rating system, which hasnt mentioned so far i think.
What role TIME will play in the final evaluation? Will there be a score/time rating or will the SCORE have priority in all situations?

Crucial question i think, since it will promote different tactics...

Greetings
Hey!

Was mentioned here:
Quote:
In every category the final score is the score gained on each of 3 played maps. In case there are more than one player/team with the same score, time needed to end a map decides which player/team wins.
All scoring system is explained in the signing up thread, also the drawn date and maps will be announced soon.

Last edited by Ninwes; 11-06-18 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote tag
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coop , cup , fun , swat , torunament