Touching on Ready or Not alpha

Private forums for all our team members
Castner

Touching on Ready or Not alpha

Post by Castner »

Hello folks,

So I picked up the supporter edition of Ready or Not to see the current state in alpha and then to see how things developed over time. As you probably already know there is an NDA in place preventing any kind of specifics being mentioned.

However, I thought it would be good to at least provide some insight on how things are going generally speaking.

At first glimpse it seemed a little limited and to some degree it is, however it is all intentional and it seems inline with how Void would like to progress.There has been good progress in a very short space of time and if they continue at this rate, I find it unlikely that Void wont succeed in making a very polished game. It is definitely has many traits of SWAT 4 and I am hoping that it continues to develop in this way. It would seem that SOG will potentially have new home in just short of a year.

I was a little concerned about talking about the Alpha due to the NDA but I hope I have managed to respect it as well as shed a little light on future possibilities.

Is the Supporter Edition worth it.. To support Void yes. For this very early Alpha phase, that still remains a dilemma, just depends what type of person you are lol.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thanks mate for the update.

Taking a look at the leaked videos I really like the swat 4 look. It's pretty identical but looks clunky.

That I hope they'll resolve.

Can you play several missions in the alpha or just one demo?

Sent from my Huawei P20 Mate Pro using Tapatalk
|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
sander

Post by sander »

just one and 2 multiplayer TDM maps
Castner

Post by Castner »

[quote=""Matt""]Thanks mate for the update.

Taking a look at the leaked videos I really like the swat 4 look. It's pretty identical but looks clunky.

That I hope they'll resolve.

Can you play several missions in the alpha or just one demo?

Sent from my Huawei P20 Mate Pro using Tapatalk[/quote]

Ye, as Sander said, its a bit limited right now but they're not messing about, the updates keep coming. Seen some massive FPS improvements in a short space of time. There's some good progress :)
sander

Post by sander »

Daily to semi daily patches even on sundays
Castner

Post by Castner »

It's a shame its a very quiet time for SOG but just wanted to pop my head in and say hello, yes I am still checking in.

There has also been A LOT of progress with Ready or Not, I would say I've seen about 4-5GB or so of updates and they've expanded the team again to keep their timeline. There is definitely some big changes to come but in all, I'd say they're on form and working hard to make the dream come true. So keep the faith folks :)
Matt

Post by Matt »

[quote=""Castner""]It's a shame its a very quiet time for SOG but just wanted to pop my head in and say hello, yes I am still checking in.

There has also been A LOT of progress with Ready or Not, I would say I've seen about 4-5GB or so of updates and they've expanded the team again to keep their timeline. There is definitely some big changes to come but in all, I'd say they're on form and working hard to make the dream come true. So keep the faith folks :) [/quote]

I am really looking forward to this, and therefore you may have just persuaded me to buy the alpha!

I think when this game hits, SOG will indeed come back to life as we start a new chapter.

Thanks for the update!
|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Castner

Post by Castner »

Sure thing, there is still a long way to go but the changelogs have remained extensive and the team seem very much in to getting everything nailed down. I'd say hold off just a little longer as I'm looking for a particular update I'm hoping is in the very near future which will improve everything in a big way. Will keep you posted unless of course you decide to buy in :)