I'm a new father

General chit chat and everyday conversations... come on in
O'Neill

I'm a new father

Post by O'Neill »

I just wanted to make a quick announcement here that I'm the new father of my first son. My wife gave birth yesterday, both mom and son are doing fine.

I expect my communication here will be limited from now on, so I just wanted to drop a line here before I go quiet for a while. I am aware there's a few fathers here on the forum so I'm all ears if there's any advice on being a new dad. :D

Thanks and see you all later.
---------
"Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!" - Colonel Jack O'Neill
Black

Post by Black »

Wow, congratulations mate! All the best to you and your wife in this exciting time!
- Black > Home - [ACC] - Steam
«War does not determine who is right, but who is left.»
sander

Post by sander »

Congratulations mate good to hear.

one point of advice from a non father, don't drop him.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Bravo zulu O'Neill! @sander, really? LoL
Nicoleise

Post by Nicoleise »

Congratulations! :) Hugely life changing event, all the best. :)
Ninwes

Post by Ninwes »

Congrats m8 oneill
Orion

Post by Orion »

Congratulations! That is going to change you but that is a good thing :)
KeeRIeS

Post by KeeRIeS »

Congratulations :) You won't be the longest sleeping man in the world for a while, I think :D
~|SOG|KeeRIeS
Matt

Post by Matt »

Congratulations mate! So happy for you!

The only tip I can give is.... dont have children! :p

No seriously after having 4 myself, I have realised as much as I love them to bits, money is now a hard thing to come by :D

Oh and you will see many grey hairs start to come about....
|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
O'Neill

Post by O'Neill »

Thank you everybody. I have been spending the week off from work to take care of the wife and baby. Thankfully, the little guy has been sleeping well at night so far, only crying when he's hungry and needing to change diapers. Going back to work on Monday so hopefully I can get in a good couple of hours of sleep before then.

[quote=""Matt""]Congratulations mate! So happy for you!

The only tip I can give is.... dont have children! :p

No seriously after having 4 myself, I have realised as much as I love them to bits, money is now a hard thing to come by :D

Oh and you will see many grey hairs start to come about....[/quote]

Not having children was the advice I gave myself years ago. Seems I failed. :lol:

I can't imagine having 4. I think I will stick with one kid for now. I'm pretty sure someone at some point will say to me I should have a sibling for my kid but I will say "Nope." :lol: Money definitely is difficult to come by especially with kids.

I already had some grey hairs before the kid so this will probably accelerate it. :rofl:
---------
"Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!" - Colonel Jack O'Neill