Hey folks!

Private forums for all our team members
Castner

Hey folks!

Post by Castner »

Hey folks!

I hope you are all well during this difficult time. We have had an awful lot thrown at us globally. Whether we are based here in the UK or over in the Europe. The last I posted was far prior to the website/forum update which is a nice change by the way.

Over a year ago I had my first born, a daughter so I have been terribly busy since then. It was difficult to drop in. As you know, even catching up with family and friends can be trying when you have a lot going on in your life!

It's a shame to see that certain people have left but it appears to be a sign of the times more than anything else. I can't think of a time when gaming had become less sociable. I've heard some younger gamers call it 'dynamic' but what that says to me is 'ever changing'. Clans are at a loss and Discord groups at a gain, where people come and go as they please without roll call or any requirement. It's funny as I remember dedicating myself to a Call of Duty clan and I mean CoD 1!! United Offensive with so much commitment.

The family of gamers coming to an end and an ever evolving channel of gamers becoming ever more present. That said, I hope the remaining 'old skool' as we may be considered (lol) are doing well and that life is treating everybody ok.

As for Ready or Not, I have been reasonably active and trying to keep up with the very slow updates it presents. It is a good game and has the potential to be great but again, that slow development is preventing greatness. Who knows if it will be worth the investment of time it wants, I guess time will tell.

Once again, I do wish everyone is getting on ok!
Ninwes

Post by Ninwes »

[quote=""Castner""]Hey folks![/quote]
Hey Castner good for you to drop in.

[quote=""Castner""]I hope you are all well during this difficult time. We have had an awful lot thrown at us globally. Whether we are based here in the UK or over in the Europe. The last I posted was far prior to the website/forum update which is a nice change by the way.[/quote]
Yes it seems what was normally spread over different years they put it all in one year.

[quote=""Castner""]Over a year ago I had my first born, a daughter so I have been terribly busy since then. It was difficult to drop in. As you know, even catching up with family and friends can be trying when you have a lot going on in your life![/quote]
Yeah getting a child can get pretty busy but it is nice to be able to spend time with them, i myself didn't have the pleasure yet but i have allot nieces and nephews where i used to spend time with.

[quote=""Castner""]It's a shame to see that certain people have left but it appears to be a sign of the times more than anything else. I can't think of a time when gaming had become less sociable. I've heard some younger gamers call it 'dynamic' but what that says to me is 'ever changing'. Clans are at a loss and Discord groups at a gain, where people come and go as they please without roll call or any requirement. It's funny as I remember dedicating myself to a Call of Duty clan and I mean CoD 1!! United Offensive with so much commitment.[/quote]
Yeah gamming has changed and even clans, it seems newer gamers do not like to stick to much around in the same place all the time or commit to the same place too much, some people left because of that, sadly some people also left this life over the years.

[quote=""Castner""]The family of gamers coming to an end and an ever evolving channel of gamers becoming ever more present. That said, I hope the remaining 'old skool' as we may be considered (lol) are doing well and that life is treating everybody ok.[/quote]
I am doing well at the moment, these days busy with work and the wife, reason i don't play multi anymore this much, i play but more single as i need to pause allot and i don't think nowadays allot of people like to wait, not like before where we wait the complete timer of the map and even after so that everyone is there :) , also having a channel to let's play or walktrough a game, mostly a hobby of mine :) .

[quote=""Castner""]As for Ready or Not, I have been reasonably active and trying to keep up with the very slow updates it presents. It is a good game and has the potential to be great but again, that slow development is preventing greatness. Who knows if it will be worth the investment of time it wants, I guess time will tell.[/quote]
Yeah i've been also keeping a eye on it as it indeed has allot of potential still waiting on that server side update.

[quote=""Castner""]Once again, I do wish everyone is getting on ok![/quote]
I also wish you luck and health, maybe see you once again ingame.
Castner

Post by Castner »

If Ready or Not can become a truly outstanding game, I reckon it'll keep players occupied for years to come. In its current state, well, let's just say that SWAT4 continues to be the superior game in SWAT tactics. Sure RoN is offering up a modern take but comes with its own caveats, the AI are a fine example of this.

Anyway, glad your well mate, I will continue to dip into these forums just to see how things are moving forward. :)
Matt

Post by Matt »

[quote=""Castner""]Hey folks!

I hope you are all well during this difficult time. We have had an awful lot thrown at us globally. Whether we are based here in the UK or over in the Europe. The last I posted was far prior to the website/forum update which is a nice change by the way.

Over a year ago I had my first born, a daughter so I have been terribly busy since then. It was difficult to drop in. As you know, even catching up with family and friends can be trying when you have a lot going on in your life!

It's a shame to see that certain people have left but it appears to be a sign of the times more than anything else. I can't think of a time when gaming had become less sociable. I've heard some younger gamers call it 'dynamic' but what that says to me is 'ever changing'. Clans are at a loss and Discord groups at a gain, where people come and go as they please without roll call or any requirement. It's funny as I remember dedicating myself to a Call of Duty clan and I mean CoD 1!! United Offensive with so much commitment.

The family of gamers coming to an end and an ever evolving channel of gamers becoming ever more present. That said, I hope the remaining 'old skool' as we may be considered (lol) are doing well and that life is treating everybody ok.

As for Ready or Not, I have been reasonably active and trying to keep up with the very slow updates it presents. It is a good game and has the potential to be great but again, that slow development is preventing greatness. Who knows if it will be worth the investment of time it wants, I guess time will tell.

Once again, I do wish everyone is getting on ok![/quote]

Hi Castner

Welcome back...

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, adult hood at its finest!

It is quite a thought about the situation with clans and gaming in general. I agree, life is becoming a little more casual overall so it would make sense that clan gaming is in decline and discord is benefiting. I mean over a decade has past since SOG was in its prime. I am amazed we still have a few still visiting in truth.

I think for me we exist now purely for nostalgic reasons. A reminder of what life was like with no responsibilities and a buoyant online community.

There is still hope however. Hope we get a new successor to SWAT 4. One day we may well be able to ignite interest in our community once again. Until then however, we have to make do with the fact we are all still in touch and may be able to enjoy some SWAT 4 to relive our younger years.

Take care and please do keep poking your head in!

Matt
|SOG|Matt
Group Founder